- Fedorowicz, J., Chan, Y., Te’eni, D., Payton, F.C., and Kim, Y.J. Diversity and Inclusion in Academia: Does AIS Have a Problem? Senior Scholar Panel, Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS) 2019, Munich, Germany.
- Payton, C., Hoagland, M. and Busch, A. The Responsibility That Comes with Prestige: Top Computer Science Programs and Broadening Participation, Connected Learning Community Summit Proceedings 2019, University of California-Irvine.
- Abu-El-Haija, L. and Payton, F.C. Computer Science Enrollment in Magnet High Schools: Issues of Curricula Clusters, Equity, and Pathways, SIGCSE/RESPECT 2019 Conference, Minneapolis, MN.
- Smith-Jackson, T. and Payton, F.C. Inclusive Research Advancement: Why Collaboration With HBCUs Matters, 2018 International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, Washington, DC
- Payton, F.C. and Smith-Jackson, T. Inclusive Research Advancement: Why and What Does Broadening Participation Mean, 2018 Association of American Colleges & Universities Conference, Atlanta, GA
- Yarger, L. and Payton, F.C. Can Algorithms Reduce Unconscious Bias in the IT Hiring Process?, 2018 Atlantic Marketing Association Conference, Track: Culture, Identity, and Ethnicity, New Orleans, LA.
- Payton, F.C., McChesney, J. and Busch, A. Availability of AP Computer Science Among Magnet High School Students: A Question of Accessibility, 2018 Connected Learning Summit, Working Paper Presentation, Proceedings published by Carnegie Mellon ETC Press
- Parks, R. F. and Payton, F.C. Designing a Healthcare Data Analytics Course: A Contextual Active Learning Approach, 2018 AMCIS Proceedings, New Orleans, LA.
- Pinter, A, Payton, F.C., and Kvasny, L. Manifesting Its Ugly Roots: Text Mining Mental Health Literature and College Students, 2018 ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, Poster Session and Flash Talk, Montreal, Canada.
- Bradford, S., Harper, P, and Payton, F.C. Health Systems Editors Panel, 2017 INFORMS
- Payton, F.C., IT Use in Under-resourced Environments: Where Can Engineering Help?, 2017 Healthcare INFORMS
- Maron,D., Berry, D., Payton, F.C., Lakin, S. and White, E. Can We Really Show This?: Ethics, Representation and Social Justice in Sensitive Digital Space, 2017 Joint Conference on Digital Libraries, Panel Presentation
- Payton, F.C. and Yarger, L. Expanding Potential: Encouraging Retention of Underrepresented Groups in STEM, Career Workshop, AAAS 2017 Annual Meeting
- Payton, F.C. Big Data – Opportunities and Challenges of Social Impacts, Computing Community Consortium Symposium on Computing Research 2016, Computing Research Association
- Payton, F.C. Bind and Double Bind at the Intersections: Women of Color in Computing, 2016 Know Her Truths: Advancing Justice for Women and Girls of Color Conference, Wake Forest University
- Trauth, E., Joshi, K.D., Morgan, A., Payton, F.C. and Yarger, L. K. Making Black Lives Matter in the Information Technology Profession, 2016 SIGMIS Conference Panel
- Yarger, L. and Payton, F. C. Resisting Microaggressions in Computing Disciplines Workshop, 2016 iConference
- Payton, F.C., Harris, R., Mullins, T.Z. and White, A. STEM Majors Art Thinkers, 2016 American College Dance Association Conference
- Nataraj, N., Ivy, J., and Payton, F.C. Modeling the Effect of Comorbidity: Diabetes in Hospitalized Women, ISERC 2016 Conference, Institute of Industrial Engineers
- Nataraj, N., Ivy, J., and Payton, F.C. A Framework for Modeling Multiple Chronic Conditions: The Effects of Diabetes in Hospitalized Women, 2015. INFORMS Healthcare Conference
- Hicklin, K., Ivy, J., Kulkarni, V., Myers, E. Payton, F.C. and Viswanathan., M., 2015, Using Text Analytics to Identify Labor and Delivery Sentiment from the Internet and Social Media, INFORMS, Philadelphia, PA
- Hicklin, K., Ivy, J., Kulkarni, V., Myers, E. Payton, F.C. and Viswanathan., M., 2015, Using Bayesian Updating to Analyze the Mode of Delivery Decision, INFORMS Healthcare, Nashville, TN
- Hicklin, K., Ivy, J., Kulkarni, V., Myers, E. Payton, F.C. and Viswanathan., M., 2015, A Bayesian Approach to Value of Information: The Value of Waiting During a Trial of Labor, Poster Presentation, INFORMS, Philadelphia, PA
- Payton, F.C. UX Cultures of Participation & The Analytics of Social: Voices of Black College Students on the Health Discourse, 2015, American Public Health Association
- Ford, D., Payton, F.C , Galloway, K., and Souffrant, M. Utilizing Social Hooks to Increase the Health Consciousness of Black Millennials, 2015, American Public Health Association
- Payton, F.C., Berki, E. and Pinto, N. Bind and Double Bind: Media Images of Women in Computing, 2015 Americas Conference on Information Systems
- Payton, F.C. and Pinto, N., 2015, Social Media and Patient Engagement Strategies, NC Healthcare Information & Management Systems Society
- Ajewole, V., Ford, D., Galloway, K. and Payton, F.C., 2014, Health Informatics Symposium at East Carolina University, Social, Mobile & Consciousness Influencers of Health for Black Millennials, Abstract and Poster Presentation.
- Sipior, J.C., Armstrong, D., Payton, F.C., et al., 2014, Journal Editors Panel, Computers and People Research (CPR) Conference
- Payton, F.C. and Kvasny, L., 2014, Technology Affordance and Health Stigma, STD Prevention Conference
- Payton, F.C., 2014, Cultures of Participation-@myHealthImpact: For Students By Students. Youth, Technology and Health Conference
- Payton, F.C. and Conley, C. 2013, Preventing HIV in College-Age African-American Women: Using the Extended Parallel Process Model (EPPM) to Assess Perceptions of Threat and Efficacy, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing Annual Research Day
- Morgan, J. and Payton, F.C., Health Website Evaluation; Hitting or Missing a Cultural Audience? 2013, NC Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Payton, F.C. (4 Presentations with MyHealthImpact Team including Undergraduate Researchers), 2012, Young People, HIV and Social Media Technology, INFORMS
- Payton, F.C., Kiwanuka-Tondo, J. and Kvasny, L. Black Female Voices: Designing an HIV Information Artifact, 2012, 4th International Conference on the Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics
- Payton, F.C., Morais, D.B., Heath, E., and Martin, K. The START-Network: ICT & Mobile Applications, 2011, Proceedings of SIG GlobDev Fourth Annual Workshop at International Conference on Information Systems
- Zhang, S., Payton, F.C., and Ivy, J.S. Cluster Analysis for Characterizing the Role of Mental Disorder in Comorbid HIV Patient, 2011, 6th INFORMS Workshop -Data Mining and Health Informatics
- Kvasny, L. and Payton, F.C., 2010 The 5th International Conference on Cooperation & Promotion of Information Resources in Science and Technology, The African American Blog Community’s Response to the Jena 6 Case
- Stafford, T., Payton, F.C., and Nelson, T., 2010 Academy of Management Conference, Caucus on Expanding Minority Participation in Management Education
- Zhang, S., Ivy, J. S., Payton, F.C. and Diehl, K, 2009 Industrial Engineering Research Conference, Modeling the Impact of Comorbidity on Breast Cancer Patient Outcomes
- Tsavatewa, C., Musa, P. and Payton, F.C., 2008 International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP) WG 9.4 Conference , Exploring IT for Palliative Care in Developing Countries: Lessons from American Medical Center Using Footprints
- Ivy, J.S. and Payton, F.C., 2008 INFORMS Annual Meeting, Modeling Comorbidity as a Function of Age, Race and Gender
- Grant, D. and Payton, F.C., 2008 SIG-MIS Computer Personnel Research Conference Proceedings, Career Staging for Girls Moving Toward (Away) from Computing Careers
- Payton, F.C., 2007 Infinite Possibilities Conference Presentation, From Analytics to Health Policy
- NCSU Women in Science and Engineering Advisory Board Members, 2007 American Society of Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition Proceedings, An Integrated Living And Learning Community For First And Second Year Undergraduate Women In Science And Engineering
- Mbarika, V., Payton, F.C., and Kvasny, L., 2007 IFIP WG9.4 on IT in Developing Countries, Gendered Approaches Considering in Kenya and IT Functions
2006 and Prior
- Payton, F.C., 2006 Brothers of the Academy Presentation and Proceedings, Business Analytics: An Incomplete Story of AIDS and the Black Community
- Payton, F.C., 2006 Brothers of the Academy Presentation and Proceedings, Digital (In)Equity and Impact on Education
- Mbarika, V., Payton, F.C., Kvasny, L. and Chong, J., 2006 SIG MIS/CPR Conference, IT Education and Employment for Women in Kenya
- Payton, F.C., 2006 Gerry DeSanctis Fuqua School of Business Conference, Adaptive Structuration Theory – A Framework to Expose Exclusion Among Health Information Portals
- Chong, J., Kvasny, L. and Payton, F.C., 2006 IFIP 8.2 Conference, Lacking Cultural Competency: Online AIDS/HIV Health Information Among Minority Women
- Payton, F.C., 2005 K-12 Outreach in a Real Life Customer Relationship Management IT Capstone Class Project, Proceedings of the Invitational Conference on K-12 Outreach from University Science Departments and Poster Session, National Science Foundation
- Mbarika, V., Payton, F.C. and Kvasny, L., 2005 IFIP WG9.4 on IT in Developing Countries, The Case of Women and IT in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Mengistu, K., Mbarika, V. and Payton, F.C., 2005 Southeast Decision Sciences Institute Conference, Testing Integrative Technology (Telemedicine) Acceptance Models Among Ethiopian Physicians
- Payton, F.C. and White, S.D., 2003 American Council on Education, Office of Minorities in Higher Education, Views on Mentoring Under-represented Groups in the IS/IT Field
- Payton, F.C. and Zahay, D., 2004 American Marketing Association, Why Doesn’t Marketing Use the Corporate Data Warehouse? The Role of Trust and Quality in Adoption of Data Warehousing Technology for Healthcare CRM
- Payton, F.C., 2004 AACSB Conference, Academic and Corporate Partnership: Use of CRM in the IT Classroom (with SAS Institute)
- Mbarika, V. and Payton, F.C., 2004 Information Resource Management Association, Transitioning from Traditional Housewives: The Case of Women and Information Technology in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Payton, F.C., 2004, Association of Institutional Research, Multi-Case Studies: Collaborating with SAS in the IT Classroom
- Payton, F.C. and White, S.D., 2003 ACM/Computer Personnel Research, Mentoring Models for Minority Doctoral Students,
- Payton, F. C. and Zahay, D., 2002 AMCIS, Why Isn’t Marketing Using the Health Care Corporate Data Warehouse
- Payton, F.C., 2002 Southern Management Association, The Road Less Traveled: Examining African American Life in the IT Profession
- Payton, F.C. and Handfield, R., 2002 Annual American Research Symposium on Purchasing and Supply Management, Data Warehousing and Integration
- Earp, J. and Payton, F.C., 2001 HICSS/IEEE, Privacy Among University Employees, Maui, Hawaii.
- Payton, F.C. and Lucas, H., 2001 HICSS/IEEE, E-Health B2C Electronic Commerce
- Payton, F.C. and Jackson, C., 1999 International Decision Science Institute, Discussing Sensitive Cultural Issues: What Is the Value Added By a Group Support System?
- Payton, F.C., 1999 International Decision Science Institute, Lessons Learned From Three Interorganizational Health Care Information Systems
- Payton, F.C. and Brennan, P.F., 1997 INFORMS, Cost Justification of a Health Information Network: The ComputerLink for AD Caregivers
- Payton, F.C. and Brennan, P.F., 1997 National Decision Sciences Institute, Examining Systems Utilization of a Community Health Information Network
- Payton, F.C., Brennan, P.F. and Silvers, J.B., 1995 SCAMC (Now American Medical Informatics Association), Cost Justification of a Community Health Information Network, Nineteenth Annual Symposium on Computer Applications in Medical Care. Cited in the General Accounting Office, July 1996 Report on Consumer Health Informatics.