Dr. Payton has published over 120 peer-reviewed research manuscripts and book chapters. Her work has appears and/or is forthcoming in MIT Review, Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, Issues in Science and Technology, Communications of the ACM, European Journal of Information Systems, Journal of Medical Internet Research, IIE Transactions on Healthcare Systems Engineering, Information Systems Journal, Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, Health Care Management Science, Telemedicine and eHealth, just to name a few.
- Algorithmic, Design and Data Bias
- Health Care Informatics and Disparities
- STEM/Computing Pathways in Innovation
- User Experiences and Design
- Data, Text & Social Analytics
- Digital Divides