Dr. Payton has published over 100 peer-reviewed research manuscripts and book chapters. Her work has appeared or is forthcoming in The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems, Communications of the ACM, XRDS Crossroads of the ACM, Journal of the Association of Information Systems, European Journal of Information Systems, Information Systems Journal, Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, Health Systems, Health Care Management Science, Journal of STEM Education, Information Society, IIE Transactions on Healthcare Systems Engineering and others.
- Algorithmic, Design and Data Bias
- Health Care Informatics and Disparities
- STEM/Computing Pathways, Workforce Development and Experiences
- User experiences and design
- Data,Text & Social Analytics
- Digital Divides